Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Some Pics of Where We Are

Here are a few pics of the Fuller Pasadena Campus. Some family and friends have been curious, so here they are. It should give you a little bit of insight into my new home away from home.

The first one is of the main building (Peyton Hall). Fuller is more than 75 years old. It has a very stately and grand feel to it. Not big, but comfortable and quaint.

The second pic is the library. I've spent a few hours in there. PhD students can check up to 40 books out at a time and have them for 3 months. So far, I have about 20 or so that I have at home where I am working on about 3 major assignments - two for this quarter and I am still working on the major paper for the Fall Quarter. As a PhD student you have one additional quarter to work on your final paper - so that my Fall Seminar paper is due at the end of this Winter Quarter.

The third pic is of the CATS building. CATS is the Center for Advanced Theological Students. My classes, break times, fellowship, advisors, employment contacts, etc. are all in the building. They have a great staff (of two people) who help you at every step of the process. The CATS office is in the center of campus and a short walk from the parking lot. Parking in Pasadena is at a premium and you had better be careful parking on the streets. I wasn't today and have the parking ticket to prove it!

No comments: