Sunday, January 7, 2007

Grading Papers

Well, after 8 hours today, I have finally finished grading the 30 or so papers that I was assigned over the break. It was a long process and . . . I really enjoyed it. After 30 years of meetings with nebulous goals and services with sometimes unknown results, here is a concrete experience of doing something that has a beginning, an end, a measuring tool, and a sense of definitive satisfaction. It might not sound like fun to others but it has a ring of satisfaction that I have craved over the many years of the pastorate.
In addition, I am a TA for two classes. I spend time meeting with students, organizing the work of the class, and, eventually, I will be meeting with and evaluating the preaching of about 8 students in a small groups setting. I love working with young men and women and investing in them as they seek to prepare for ministry. I even got 19 out of 20 on my Hebrew quiz. Not a bad end of the week. Now, all I have to do is preach in Santa Anna tomorrow, read two books by Wednesday, and do about 6 hours of Hebrew homework by Tuesday night. Ah, it's good to be alive!

No comments: