Thursday, January 25, 2007

It's Amazing


I don't know if any of you recognize what this grainy, br0wnish, looking pic is - but I thought I would tell you a little about it. As I write this blog I am always amazed at the advancements in technology that affect our lives. When I was a senior in High School, I needed a class to fill out my schedule. I had all my required and necessary courses and was looking for something easy to do. I ended up taking a typing course (yes, on an old manual typewriter). I guess I thought I might need to type a paper or something for college. Well, it was the most valuable course I ever took in High School. Now I type quite well and use it all the time. Here I am on a computer typing away to all of you communicating instantaneously through the medium of the Net!

OK, so back to the picture. Surely there are better quality pictures we can take in this modern era than one that looks like this. However, once you realize that it is a picture taken of the inside and not the outside, it becomes more technologically amazing. For you are looking at the 6 week old child of Joel and Shafali Frymire. We are happy, as the already proud grandparents, to announce that our son will be having our first grandchild scheduled due date is September 16 - but we are working at backing that up a couple of weeks so that Joanie and I can be there. We'll see how that goes!

4 comments:

Jerry said...

Welcome to Grandparenting! You are going to love it. Check out my grandson at http://www.xanga.com/jzsfrk82

Jerry

Jerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting! Please give them mine and Derrick's best and tell them hello! Hope you all are doing well.

stevefink said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news