Friday, May 27, 2005

Moving Day

Well, it's moving day for the vagabond Frymire duo. We will spend the day getting the car packed and ready to head for Florida and a month in the fun and sun of the Gulf Coast. A review of the month so far shows:
  • Joanie has created an on-line Society of Church of God Worship for those involved in planning, preparing, and sharing worship. It is hoped that this will become a resource for Ministers of Music and lay leaders to share and learn from.
  • I have begun research on a book. I have a list of about 10 books from the library on Narrative Preaching and will be taking them with me to spend time in Florida doing two things: reviewing my own preaching patterns and researching and writing a prospectus on a book. That should keep my prayer and bible study life going forward!
  • We have kept up the parent responsibilities this month. Both boys have new suits (very stylish, too). Both have new glasses (Jonathan's first pair and a year's supply of disposable contacts for Joel as he prepares for life in England). Jonathan's car is up and being used by him for his job and responsibilities (we got it running and registered in the State of Indiana). I took the boys golfing together for the first time (they both had really good moments on the course). We moved Maria from one house to another (Joanie did a lot of that with the boys since I was out of town on the weekend). We have a ticket for Joel to fly to California to sing in a wedding (up in Sacramento). Every item of clothing they possess has been washed (I have to get Joanie to Florida before she will relax). The boys and girls have been well fed! The plans for the weddings are moving along smoothly.
  • I have visited with two pastors and three different churches. I've attended a concert by Kim and Brian Tabor. I spent three days in Ministry Council meetings and another day working on minutes for the meeting and the Executive Committee meetings. We spent a wonderful day with Phil and Betty Fair as they took us to the Anderson Country Club for Sunday dinner after the Tabor concert. We got to see Dr. Reardon (who also came to Joel's Senior Voice Recital), HL and Sandy Baker, and Bob and Vivian Kauffman.
  • I played some video games, took a couple of naps, saw some movies, read some books, shared some laughter with friends, and took some time to do things for me (without guilt). All in all, not a bad first few weeks.

On the way to Florida, I have a few goals:

  • Spend the weekend with some friends in southern Indiana
  • See if I can start making a dent in memorizing the Gospel of Mark (I have materials form Jerry Lucas with me)
  • See if I can get gas at under a $1.50 somewhere in Georgia (It is almost under $1.90 here in Anderson). What's the price in Fresno?
  • Eat at a Cracker Barrel

Modest goals but ones that can be reached? What are your goals for the week? Set some. It is amazing what God can do if you create some goals. Try it. You might like it.

1 comment:

Lloyd said...

How do we connect with Joanie's online Society?