Friday, July 8, 2005

The World Wind Tour Continues

We barely caught our breath from being in NYC and then down at the Jersey Shore (to visit my 83 year old uncle who is hospitalized), when we took off today for the historic district in downtown Philadelphia. What an incredible area. We saw Independence Hall, Constitution Hall, the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin's gravesite, visited a Quaker Meeting House, and viewed the Constitutional Museum - what a fantastic day! To top it all off we had a Philly CheeseSteak and will be going to a Phillies Game tonight. Tomorrow it's a dinner with both my brother's and their families. For those of you who read this and have your family living in the same city or nearby you, I am jealous. This is the first time I have seen my brothers in five years and only the second time we have been together in the last 10-15 years. I haven't seen my brother Toby's children since they were young - and all three of them are now graduated from college and into their careers. If you live close to your family, count your blessings. I know it can be hard to divide up your time and holidays going to and from family, but if you are in my shoes, you learn to appreciate the joy of being together. I am glad to have had this time to spend a week with my family. It has been so long. Enjoy your family. Give them a hug and a kiss the next time you see them and enjoy the moments. They may not always be there.

No comments: