Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Celebration

I love celebrations. It's one of the reasons I really love Christmas, Thanksgiving, and holidays in general. It's also why I love worship. I love to party, celebrate, and enjoy being with others. I have the feeling that one of the great parts about being in heaven is that the celebration never ends. I find that appealing.
However, today I am not able to be with someone as they celebrate a milestone in their lives. My father-in-law is a wonderful man that I love dearly and one who has supported me in innumerable ways. Today is his 83rd birthday. He is in good health (some aches and pains, but he manages), in a loving relationship with his second wife (bless you, Tina), and living life to the fullest. I am so proud of him and proud to be a part of his family. He regularly reads this blog and I just wanted to say, "Happy Birthday" to someone whom I love and respect. I only wish that I could be with him on this special day and celebrate it with him (you know, anything for a party!). But I wanted him to know that I was thinking of him today, praying for him always, and, on Sunday while I am celebrating in worship, I will thank God for him. Happy Birthday, Dad. You are loved.

Your Son,

Jeff

1 comment:

Jerry said...

John, if you see this, happy birthday from Linda and me, too! You are such a blessing.

Jerry Webb