Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Keeping Busy

For a guy who only has class for 3 hours on Monday and less than two hours on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, my calendar is pretty full. How does that happen? Let me tell you:
Tomorrow I have a two hour study group for Hebrew. I have lots of questions and need lots of help. I hope Courtney is ready to help! After a Chiropractor adjustment at noon I have nothing in the afternoon. Except, I have a quiz in Hebrew and the list is now up to 80 vocabulary words and all these different endings for plurals and gender and direct objects and other stuff. It seems like each word can have all kinds of add-ons. It will take me the afternoon to get it all straight for the quiz tomorrow night. I have to stop at the bookstore and spend another $100-150 for books. I am supposed to be reading 350 pages this week for Monday's Methods seminar. Tomorrow night I am a Teaching Assistant in a Foundations of Ministry Class (so I can't go to the professional seminar that for Ph.D. students entitled, "Teaching: Beginning Course Development, Grading, and Identifying Plagiarism") and I have to read about the small group lesson I will be involved with - as I will be meeting with one of the 9 small groups that have formed out of the class. Of course that doesn't account for having to go to the bank, do some shopping for dinner, and cook dinner so that Joanie and I can eat a meal for about 45 minutes before I have to go to Hebrew class. Hmmm. Where does the time go?
No matter what your job, career, task, or situation, work, duties, and responsibilities will always fill up available space. The key is making sure that the really important stuff doesn't get postponed in order to do "the tyranny of the immediate". That reminds me, I have to sit down and make up a schedule tomorrow of what is really important and what can wait. Hmmm. Another thing to add to my list!

No comments: