Saturday, March 11, 2006

Recovering My Voice

It has been months since I have written anything on this blog. It is not out of a disinterest with writing or a lack of time or interest. Mostly, it has been about a fear of expression. So much has happened over these months since I have returned from my Sabbatical. Expressing myself in any forum that others might read could have been (and may still be) a risky proposition. However, I am in a place where my need for expression is greater than the need to keep things private. So, if anyone wants to listen in, that's fine. If not, the expression is valuable none the less.
In the midst of life when things seem less than secure, knowing that the first two ministry goals of my life have been accomplished is extremely fulfilling. My marriage to Joanie is approaching 31 years and we are more in love today than ever. It is a fulfilling kind of love that keeps us enjoying the pleasure of each other's company and the joy of spending hours in each others arms. God had been gracious in giving us these years together. We pray for just as many more in the future. My second ministry has been my boys. To see them married, creating homes, moving forward in their journey of life, and serving Jesus is rewarding beyond measure. How do you say thanks to God for giving life, health, and opportunity? He has, indeed, done great things.
I continue to wonder what God has in store for me in the future. Whatever He wants to do with me is just fine. I am His to use. I cannot grasp His full intent for my future. I am grateful for the years of ministry that He has given me. This new door of writing is a wonderful outlet for me and I appreciate the chance to fulfill a dream. I was just approached by One Voice Magazine to write an article (on a severe deadline) and I was able to do just that. Maybe, someday, I can be a full time writer. It would be wonderful.
As the old saying goes, I don't know what the future holds but I know who holds the future. That's enough. Amen.

1 comment:

Lloyd said...

I look forward to hearing from your "voice". I have learned to appreciate your deep thoughts and wisdom. God is using you, and will continue to in the future regardless of where He leads you.