Thursday, June 9, 2005

Meanderings

I know its been a few days since I last wrote anything. At least, wrote anything on the blog. I have been writing my book. I have completed the first chapter, table of contents outlining the full book and am working on Chapter 2. I have no idea if it is worthy of publication but I am enjoying the experience. I will know more when I submit my information to Church of God Ministries. We will see.

I picked up a book about the Christian Writers Market (a research book about the intricacies of trying to write and get things published). It is a little overwhelming. I realize I am out of my element when it comes to all this. But, you have to start somewhere. I am going to continue to write and see where it leads me. If nothing else, I will have a heck of a research paper ready if I go back for my doctorate! Ha!

We are enjoying the time here in Tampa. Dad and Tina have been great. Joanie has finally relaxed (no more laundry to do for two kids). I am playing some golf and enjoying being with friends we have made over the years. I get to go golfing tomorrow. I am looking forward to that. This Sunday is an open Sunday for us. We went to Oak Grove last week (the church my father pastored for nearly 20 years - we spent a year attending here before leaving for California and I still consider this my "home" church). I will be attending the church at Safety Harbor on Fathers Day to hear my good friend Tom Bates preach (he is one of the guys I am playing golf with tomorrow). We may try and explore around for Sunday or just go back to Oak Grove. We will see. Until later, thanks, again, for reading these meanderings. God bless.

No comments: